I thought the way the screen follows you as you jump around is very janky and uncomfortable.
The legend of the video game industry was born back in 1985. What if Shigeru Miyamoto and his team designed Super Mario Bros as a metroidvania type of game? Well... Let's try to imagine in this little tribute to the good old days.
You can use keyboard and that's fine. But this game also has gamepad support. You should give it a try!
1.2.1 - 22/02/17
- increased shooting range for gunner enemies;
- adjusted positioning in the final cutscene.
1.2 - 29/06/16
- few interface changes;
- added fullscreen option (desktop only);
- minor tweaks and fixes.
1.1 - 11/05/16
- increased game resolution from 64x64 to 170x96;
- added minimap;
- adjusted jump strength of tall character;
- few small bug fixes.
1.0 - 17/04/16
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Fun and addictive. I enjoyed the design and play through. Takes me back to good ol Mario. The colors are eye catching. The interactive environment added a good atmosphere to the game. Keep up the great work.